Sunday, March 10, 2013

Notice Boards

Getting Organised... well trying too!
 
 
Having spent far too much time on Pintrest, I saw lots of lovely notice boards that I was very inspired to try and replicate. As I end up making most of the things I do, for other people I knew the girls would love them for their rooms.
 
I made them from 3' x 2' pieces of ply-wood, that Chris got for me from the DIY store. I then used a double layer of polyester batting and my "Power Shot" staple gun. The rest of my supplies came from Joanns Fabric store.
 
Laying out the ribbon is probably the trickiest part of this as you need to make sure your diamonds are reasonably equal, at least to the eye. Also remember to weave the ribbon, "over and under' to get the right effect.
 
I also chose to use black hesian to cover the back and hide any uglies, although I have to say if you measure and cut carefully, it shouldn't be too messy on the back.
 
 
 

Kate's "Little Kitty's"



Emma's "Cupcakes"
 

 
My "Flowers"

No comments:

Post a Comment